Sunday, November 22, 2009

JenJo's message from the past

I was looking through a container to empty, so I had a place to store my ever expanding collection of photos. I came across something I hadn't read in 8 or 9 years. My friend Jennifer Joseph wrote this about me as a class assignment back in High School. Probably when I was a senior. It touched me more than it did when I first read it. I hope I am still a fraction of the person she thought I was.

Who is your wall?

"Friends are like walls. Sometimes you lean on them, and sometimes it's enough to know they are there. So who is your wall? My wall is a neon colored and like any non-conventional wall.He sets his standards apart from everyone else and whatever he does, he makes it work. He doesn't have that many close friends but he is a close friend to everyone that he meets...and he is Cameron...my best friend. Cameron is very tall wall. He always reaches for things I can't grasp and at least tries to make me understand or gives me a step ladder to help me on my way. Cameron possesses the wackiness we all lost when we turned 6, I guess he never got rid of it. He is the type of person who makes everything fun, even grocery shopping and riding in the car. He can be very stubborn like a wall, but he does it for a reason. He tends to point things out when I've done wrong so that I won't make the same mistake again. Cameron is also one of the only guys I know who is honest. He knows when to be serious and when to joke around and he knows how to just be him. Around him you tend to enjoy the simplicities of life, like breathing. The reason I say breathing is because you are either rolling on the floor laughing or you will be losing your breath slowly wrestling leg grabs. There is never a dull moment in the presence of Cameron, for he will always enlighten you with one of his random websites, sing, or even one of his off the wall facts. His endurance will always impress people, but as long as he still has that smile on his face when he says hello to me, I know everything is fine. Confidence and importance is what I feel around him. He makes me feel like a beautiful person and really that takes a beautiful person to do that. For I know my neon wall of a friend is not perfect, but I love his imperfections. I couldn't ask for anything more. Does your wall do that for you? If not, call 1-800-Cameron and don't worry, he'll always be there for you."

Thank you JenJo, for reminding me of the man I once was and the man I am still trying to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the fall issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=magic audio converter 8.511 ?
I noticed the phrase you procure not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg